Translate

Monday, April 06, 2009

2009 Lenten Devotional and Prayer Guide

April 6

 

I offered my back to those who beat Me, My cheeks to those who pulled out My beard; I did not hide My face from mocking and spitting.”  (Isaiah 50:6)

 

As Christians we are often called to go into a sometimes hostile and bitter world to spread God’s Word. As a prophet spreading the redeeming message of God, you would think that Isaiah would have been met with open arms and great joy, yet this was not the case. In our modern times, with the hardships and difficulties that we see in our society, it would stand to reason that anyone bringing a message of hope and joy would be welcome and not shunned, but this is just as much the case today as it was in Isaiah’s time. We must, just as the Prophet did, submit ourselves to the abuses of society to bring the Word of God to all.  But, we can be strengthened by the knowledge that God will help us. He will hold us up and guide us though our troubles, so that we need not be ashamed to be called Christians. [Written by: Charles]

Blogged with the Flock Browser

No comments: