Translate

Thursday, March 12, 2009

2009 Lenten Devotional and Prayer Guide

March 12

 

... Know this love that surpasses knowledge--that you may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God.”  (Ephesians 3:19)

 

How can we know something that surpasses knowledge?  One possible way may be through experience.  Have you experienced a sunrise or sunset so spectacular you are at a loss to explain it?  When I first saw the Grand Canyon, my perception of the world was completely disrupted.  I never imagined that it looked like “that!” The sense of depth was so far beyond what I knew that my brain could not process the color and distance of what I was looking at.  Trust me, no words or pictures can substitute for experiencing the real thing.

 

We can talk about the love of God all we want, but experiencing it is beyond description.  Being filled with the measure of ALL the fullness of God is also beyond description.  It is something you will have to experience for yourself.  Trust me on this, before having an experiential knowledge of God’s love and the fullness of God, life is sad and empty.  Today’s a good day to ask God to change that and let you experience what you can of that love and fullness. [Written by: Pastor Dan]

Blogged with the Flock Browser

No comments: