Translate

Tuesday, March 10, 2009

2009 Lenten Devotional and Prayer Guide

March 10

 

I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. The life I live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself for me.”  (Galatians 2:20)

 

This has always been one of my favorite verses.  When we accept Christ as Savior, we accept his crucifixion and literally die to ourselves.  Our sin nature and temptation still sneak up on us, but when they do, we can remember that we are dead to the old nature.  The bad habits and sin no longer hold mastery over us.  We are gaining so much in our Christ-life. Our focus has changed from serving ourselves to living a new life - a life to glorify God.  Our new life in Christ isn't one of drudgery or sadness but one of love, joy, and peace.  We are living for the one who cared enough to die for us - and then rose again.  That's a wonderful life to live!  [Written by: Holly]

Blogged with the Flock Browser

No comments: