Translate

Thursday, February 26, 2009

2009 Lent Devotional and Prayer Guide

February 26

 

“I will give you a new heart and put a new spirit in you; I will remove from you your heart of stone and give you a heart of flesh.” (Ezekiel 36:26)

 

I remember the day I accepted Christ as my Savior… Vacation Bible School, August 1988. I can still remember the great joy I felt when I said aloud, “Forgive me Father.” I remember the look of extreme pride on the face of the VBS leader as he said “Thank you Lord.” It truly felt like I had a new heart, a new purpose. Though I have struggled with faith in times since, my heart has always come back to Jesus. Despite the worldly temptations and my many shortcomings, that new spirit has never left me. I still have a lot learn about God’s Word and I know that my path will be rocky, yet my faith is assured knowing that I will never return to having a heart of stone.

[Written by: Tammy]

Blogged with the Flock Browser

No comments: